Grant applications can be submitted throughout the year and will be reviewed in accordance with posted filing deadlines.
Applicants shall be required to submit financial and athletic background information, including:
- a copy of the applicant’s or applicant family’s most recent tax return
- a breakdown of income sources and nondiscretionary expenses
- an acknowledgement of awareness of the NCAA Bylaws regulating amateur eligibility status
- a statement from a coach or governing/sanctioning organization describing the applicant’s prior competitive experience and attesting to the applicant’s eligibility for and/or ability to compete
Submitted applications shall be considered only if complete and containing sufficient information to make evaluations consistent with Level Field Fund grant funding criteria.
Financial Hardship Standard:
- Applicants shall be required to submit as part of their Level Field Fund application a breakdown of their income sources and nondiscretionary expenses
- Level Field Fund benefits shall only be provided to applicants demonstrating a qualified need resulting from deficient income to meet nondiscretionary expenses plus the identified funding required for training, coaching, equipment and / or event participation, including related travel expenses, that cannot be satisfied through other sources
Grant applications shall be reviewed and prioritized for funding consistent with Level Field Fund funding criteria.
Final evaluations and approvals will be made with the additional considerations of:
- the availability of Level Field Fund funds to be granted in a calendar year
- specific earmarked funding requirements
Grant applications submitted:
- through February 15 will be evaluated for funding decisions by the early spring (April)
- through May 15 will be evaluated for funding decisions by early summer (July)
- through August 15 will be evaluated for funding decisions by early fall (October)
- through November 15 will be evaluated for funding decisions by early winter (January)